Monday, February 10, 2014

Ready to Pop!

I'm so thankful for my sisters for hosting a baby shower for Buffy this past weekend to welcome her sweet baby girl in a few weeks. The theme?  Pink, pink, and more pink! Can you ever have too much pink? I don't think so.

My small contribution was the party favors:  gourmet popcorn with the much-appropriate tag, Ready to Pop! More thanks to my friend Damaris for helping me with these favors! I basically started with Keely's recipe for Christmas Crunch, but substituted pink wherever I could. Instead of red and green M&Ms, just use pink and white. It sure was convenient that we're in the middle of Valentine's Day season, so these were not a problem to find. I did spend the time, though, to separate the pink and white M&Ms from the hot pink and red ones. Similarly, I used pink sprinkles instead of the Christmas sprinkles. I also added a little bit of food coloring to the vanilla almond bark to make it pink.



Vicke and Jackie served pimento cheese and chicken salad sandwiches, crackers, mixed nuts, and mints. My favorite, though, was the pink punch, wrapped in a tu-tu. . . just tu-tu cute!


Thanks again to everyone who showered Buffy with lots of gifts and even provided "Momma Advice."



I'm certain she is now ready and excited for this new adventure. I know we are!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover