Thursday, November 1, 2012

Creamy Crockpot Hot Cocoa

Last night, we enjoyed celebrating with our next door neighbors, the Cox's, at their annual Halloweenie Roast, or at least that's what I call it! This event started many years ago with mostly just family members, but has grown into a fun, tail-gating atmosphere for friends to enjoy as well.


There was no shortage of sweets, chips, chili, and hotdogs to get the trick-or-treaters ready for their night of fun. I even got to learn all about Master Chief.

"What?!!!! You don't know who Master Chief is?  Let. Me. Tell. You."


My contribution to the spread was creamy crockpot hot cocoa, something to enjoy on this cold Halloween night as you're sitting by the fire.


For years, I've been making a hot chocolate mix that I always keep on hand that is convenient for making one cup at a time. I love it; however, I wanted to try something new, something easy, and something that would feed a crowd. I found this recipe from Mrs Happy Homemaker via Pinterest, and it accomplished all of that and more. This stuff is decadent. When you look at the list of the ingredients below, how could it not be? I'm not sure there is anything more perfect for making warm memories. :)


Creamy Crockpot Hot Cocoa

Ingredients:
  • 1.5 cups whipping cream (I used half-and-half.)
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a crockpot. Stir. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally, until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is hot. Stir again before serving. Garnish with marshmallows, if desired.

Note: Makes approximately 10 cups. I doubled the recipe, and it filled my large 5.5-quart slow cooker just perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover