Saturday, December 17, 2016

Third Annual Westhaven Cookie Exchange

Today marked our neighborhood's Third Annual Cookie Exchange. The invite promised it would "build community, one cookie at a time." I couldn't agree more!


"I live on Jewel Street, too! We're neighbors!"
"My dad is also Swedish. Thank you for bringing a cookie that reminds me of my childhood!"
"These cookies taste like my favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream. I renamed them Grinch cookies."
"My parents' Amish neighbors made these."
"The instructions said to make sure we didn't bring burnt cookies to the exchange. To be safe, I made these no bake cookies."

This year, we had 19 participants who each brought at least 6 dozen cookies of one kind. As a result, we each left with around 4 cookies of the different varieties. It always amazes me that there are no duplicates.


I made red velvet cookies - my "go-to" recipe for a cookie exchange. My family thinks they're delicious. As the baker, I like the fact that they're easy, fast, and festive looking, too.

Red Velvet Cookies - KK Moore
Here are the other wonderful varieties (in no particular order).

Cinnamon Cookies - Sadira Ebert

Holiday Candy Fudge Bars - Terri Stilwell



Chocolate Peppermint Sandwiches - Mandy Genovese

Amish Sugar Cookies - Genie Thompson


Sand Tarts - Ann Biron








Texas Chocolate Chip - Danette Peltier


Pepparkako Swedish Ginger Cookies - Barbara Wetzell

Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies - Mary Grindstaff



Congo Squares - Bonnie Cockrill



Coconut Chocolate Blossoms - Heather Brousseau



Peanut Butter Sensations - Shari Lacy




Toffee Bites - Andrea Joki

Grinch Cookies - Lara Travis



Double Chocolate Chip Peppermint - Holly Picciurro

Vanilla Nut Cookies - Leila Sanders


Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chip - Jessica Schneller

Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies - Jennifer Scoggins

Cowboy Cookies - Cindy Poe


 Thanks to Sadira Ebert for spearheading this event!







1 comment:

  1. So good to read this blog.This is one of the best blog i have read.Best collection really appreciable.Nice art.this are the real creation .Looking best at all.Thanks for sharing this.Find more

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover