Monday, October 6, 2014

Pumpkin Sausage Balls

I sure do love this time of year! Perfect weather for an afternoon of tennis. Yesterday, my team had Round 2 of "Double Trouble" . . . a way to get our husbands on the courts for a "serious" mixed doubles round robin. Not surprisingly, munchies are an important part of this activity. We had a variety of dips, veggies, chicken strips, as well as a variety of cookies and brownies. This time of year, I'm always in the mood for making something with pumpkin, so I made pumpkin sausage balls.

I first tasted this variation of sausage balls as my sister-in-law Tina and her mother Mary make these. This recipe is already in our family cookbook; however, this is the first time I made them. I don't know why I waited so long because they're delicious and so easy to make! I modified the original recipe slightly since I wanted to use a whole can of pumpkin. This secret ingredient gives it a softer texture. I'm betting that you'll agree it's the perfect fall appetizer, especially if you're looking for something that would taste good whether it is served hot, cold, or anywhere in between. Enjoy!


Pumpkin Sausage Balls

Ingredients:
  • 2-1/4 cups Bisquick mix
  • 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1 can of pumpkin
  • 2 lb sausage (I used 1 hot and 1 mild.)
Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. (This helps to soak up some of the grease from the sausage.) Combine all ingredients; mix well. With moist hands, form 1 inch balls and place on baking sheet with room between. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Makes approximately 6 dozen.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover