Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter S'mores

Happy birthday, Vicke! Although today is my sister's 50th birthday, the big celebration will take place this weekend. We're all looking forward to the big bash at Scott and Tina's house on Saturday. One obvious theme for the party is "Fifty is Nifty." But, another obvious theme for anyone who knows Vicke is "Vicke Green." Most people would call this color chartreuse or maybe just simply apple green. It's her favorite color, and you will see it on most of her clothes, casserole dishes, kitchen walls . . . you name it! This weekend, you'll see it in the food. That's right. Our family has been brainstorming all month long for "Vicke Green" foods to serve at the party this weekend. It should be a hoot.

Since Scott is planning on having an outdoor fire, I knew that one of the things I wanted to contribute was Easter s'mores. I first saw this idea on Pinterest:


After searching high and low for "Vicke Green" peeps, I finally found them in Nashville. Now, each party goer will have his/her own s'more kit:


It's my way of wishing Vicke "s'more years of love, laughter, and fun." In fact, that's my wish for all of my family and friends in the spirit of this upcoming Easter weekend.

Stay tuned for more recipes and party ideas after Saturday. I don't want to spoil any more surprises!  :)

Easter S'mores

Ingredients:
  • Graham crackers
  • Easter peeps
  • Hershey chocolates

Directions:
Roast peeps over an open fire. Place unwrapped chocolate bar on top of a graham cracker square. Top with roasted marshmallow and second graham cracker square. Or, simply microwave for 10-15 seconds. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover