Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Wedding

Last night, Buffy became Mrs. Todd Reischling. Although the rain initially threatened the festivities, what a beautiful night it turned out to be! After spending a year planning this event, I'm glad to say I was wise enough to actually enjoy it and not spend the day with needless worry. This means, though, that I didn't worry about taking pictures either! I'm depending on the formal photographer for that as well as snapshots from family and friends. I'm looking forward to seeing them and plan to share some in a later post. For now, I'll share some of the DIY details.

My sister and brother-in-law made these rustic signs that set the tone for the country/downhome/barn theme. When you entered the Fillauer venue, you first noticed


and then around the bend. . .


I loved the play on words! There's a funny story behind these signs. When Steve and I first met the event coordinator a year ago, we were greeted with these same type of signs.

"Steve! Look! I am soooo impressed. What a welcome!"

I truly thought these signs were intended to convey how this venue offered customized and customer-focused touches. I later learned that coincidentally another Moore was getting married that upcoming weekend. I'm so gullible! :)

Another sign helped the guests know that the wedding ceremony would take place in the front lawn, yet the reception would be held in the barn.


Speaking of the barn, I think it is the best part of this venue. Oh, this place makes me long for one! I can easily envision holding so many of our weekend parties in a place like this. During the week, though, I would turn it into an indoor basketball court just for Steve. ;)


A few more DIY touches:




One of the most sentimental gifts Buffy and Todd received was an original painting by Mom. This is the stone bridge that Buffy walked across and then down the aisle to exchange vows. I was glad that I could use it as part of the reception decorations!

 


As I'm flipping through what few photos I actually took, I realize that I didn't take any of the tables! :( Here is one, though, from the rehearsal dinner. For the reception, we replaced the black checkerboard tablecloths with burlap. 


One of my favorite snapshots of the night is this sweet picture of my great niece Lydia, watching Buffy and Steve in the father-daughter dance.


I like to think that Buffy felt like a princess last night. Now I'm thinking that at least one other person thought so, too. Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover